Mats & Flooring
Our mats can provide multiple benefits from keeping your property clean and looking smart to reducing fatigue and providing a non-slip surface. Whether you’re looking for an external rubber door mat, heavy duty entrance matting, food processing mat, or anything in between, you’ll be sure to find it at Key. If you need any advice contact our sales team on 0800 652 6000. There are no hidden charges when you buy online or over the phone.
How do I choose the right mats and flooring?
We stock plenty of mat and flooring products and it can be tricky to choose the right one, but don’t panic! If you’re muddled by mats and confused by flooring, read on. We’ve put together a quick guide to help you find what you’re looking for, even if you’re not sure what that is yet…
Most mats are about more than looking pretty. They serve an important function in the workplace from soaking up mud from shoes to preventing accidents and injuries. So, the first question to ask is: ‘what do I need my mat for?'
- Entrance mats welcome people to the premises but also make sure they don’t bring dirt in with them. Up to 80% of interior soil comes in via foot traffic so you want to catch it before it goes too far. Our fully stocked entrance matting and runners section offers plenty of choices to combat this unpleasant statistic, ensuring clean shoes and a tidy business.
- Anti-fatigue mats’ purpose is to make life a little more comfortable for people who work on their feet. 80% of workers have problems with their feet, legs and/or back and this is amplified in people who spend more than 4 hours a day standing up. A well-chosen anti-fatigue mat reduces the risk of injury, boosts productivity and makes the working day a little more comfortable. We think that’s pretty good going for a humble mat.
- If slipping is a potential hazard around your business then head to the anti-slip mats section. These products are great for sports centres, kitchens, commercial and industrial workplaces by adding grip wherever you need it. Visit this section and reduce the risk of trips, slips and tumbles.
Once you’ve narrowed your search depending on where your mat will be used, there are a few other things to keep in mind.
- Firstly, do you intend to use it for moderate, heavy or intensive use? Have a look at the specifications and find out how thick the mat is. You’ll see for what level of use the mat is intended and discover if it’s suitable for your needs.
- Does your mat need to be non-conductive? These mats provide insulation to protect employees in the case of electric shock. If this is a potential risk, it’s definitely worth getting the right mat for the job.
- Similarly, some mats are designed to absorb static electricity. These products help to avoid unpleasant shocks while also protecting equipment.
- Finally, think about the format of your mat or flooring. Our products are available in linear meters, on the roll, as a single mat or tiles. Check how your mat will arrive and make sure it will fit perfectly into your workplace.
Although you won’t find any flying carpets in this department, it really is an Aladdin’s cave of mats and flooring. Hopefully this little guide has pointed you in the right direction, but get in touch if you need any further help.