When it comes to picking bins, it’s really important to have the right solution for your business.
In this article, we look at different scenarios, on what picking bins would be right for you to make a production line more efficient; how to speed up picking in a warehouse; and what to do if you are working with larger or irregularly shaped items.
I look after a production line
If you’re working with a production line, then you will know small improvements in efficiency add up to big improvements in productivity, picking bins can help with this.
Picking containers are perfect for this job, because they are:
- Easily stackable – take up less room on the line.
- Used while stacked – no need to move them around to get to the components.
- Large front opening – easy access to the components.
- Non-spill opening – front lip designed to reduce components being spilled.
These features all add to the efficiency of the picking bins and this is what makes them the ideal choice for the production line.
I am responsible for order picking in a warehouse
Order picking needs to be on time, efficient and accurate, how better to make this a reality than having your stock stored in picking bins that are quickly identifiable, grouped by category and don’t take up a lot of floor space.
- Front labels – There are labels that can be added to the front of the bins to quickly identify the contents.
- Colour coded – The picking bins are available in a range of colours, use this to group similar items in the same colour boxes.
- Stackable – These bins can be stacked and the contents are still accessible, they take up less floor space.
- Wall mounted – Using vertical louvre panels you are able to mount the bins to a wall meaning there is very little floor space used.
Using the versatility of these storage containers you can quickly improve the efficiency of a warehouse picking team and as they are available in bulk packs or as single items so you can just buy what you need as and when you need them. To view our range of picking bins click here
I am working with larger or irregularly shaped products
This can be challenging. In this situation you either have items that are not all the same size and are not easy to stack, or they are larger than what conventional storage bins can accommodate.
At Key, we want our products to fit your needs without our customers having to adapt their needs according to what is available, so we have sourced these larger storage bins designed with your needs in mind.
- Large capacity – 52 litre storage capacity
- Strong construction – made from high density polyethylene they have reinforced side walls for extra strength.
- Resistant to extremes – good for use in extreme temperatures, ranging from -20°C to +80°C.
- Oil & Acid resistant – the strong construction means they are able to contain spillages and are resistant to corrosion.
- Versatile – the storage bins can be stacked or used freestanding, giving the flexibility you need.
Having the ability to store your larger items in these storage bins means they will be easily accessible and are less likely to get lost or damaged.
If there are any other industries you would like us to feature in more detail we are open to suggestions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need.